Thursday, October 20, 2011

calling all pfaff users

i have two portable sewing machines and both are pfaff (select 1530 and quiltstyle or tiptronic 2040). i love them very much because they have never failed me.

i have once owned a singer portable sewing machine. it was my 1st sewing machine. we didn't have that many adventure together. it drained all my energy and creativity because each time i tried to sew it misbehaved. i gave it up after about two years and replaced it with a jenome machine.

i was thrilled with the variety of presser feet that i could opt to use with this jenome machine. i bought a couple of presser feet but i didn't get much done. the machine was not sturdy enough to handle heavy fabrics. it choked whenever it encoutered bulky seams. i was further disheartened when i tried quilting. it couldn't feed all the layers evenly (even when i used the walking foot). i gave it up too and bought myself the pfaff select 1530 in 2003. it was love at first sight. i has been there for me ever since. i love this machine so much that i wanted another one, for back up. in 2007 my darling hubby bought me my second pfaff machine, the quiltstyle. it was a bit pricey but it was one of my best investment.

i love the IDT system because it feeds all layers of fabric evenly. i am exited about the many presser feet that pfaff offers. i bought a couple and they make sewing less laborious. these pfaff machines are sturdy too. they handle heavy fabric well. they cruise through bulky seam without hesitation. they make sewing a pleasure and i look forward to have the next sewing adventure with them, everyday. my only regret is that pfaff doesn't have any appointed dealers in malaysia.

what is your pfaff experience? would love to hear from you guys.


cheers!
YunY

No comments:

Post a Comment