Tuesday, September 30, 2014

the camisole prototype

the possibility is endless.

here i have a photo of my favourite tank top and another photo of my 1st prototype of the camisole.

this is my favourite tank top.  it is 100% cotton, knit fabric.
i have been wearing this top for the last 7 years or so.  i bought it at a thrift store.
i have no complaint except for the shoulders.  the angle of the slope is a bit off.  they do not lie flat on my shoulders.

this is my 1st prototype of the camisole.
i used two of my eldest son's old t-shirts.
the front panel is black.
the back panel is light purple.
the fit is definitely better.
see the difference?

the front panel and back panel are not cut on fold.  each half of the back panel and the front panel is cut individually on grain.  this makes it a lot easier to maneuver the pattern for cutting, especially when using recycle t-shirts and knit fabric.  further more, the centre back and centre front of the panel are curved to mimic the curve of a woman's body.  

will put this on the mannequin later.



cheers,
YunY 

No comments:

Post a Comment